French soldiers leave Burkina Faso – level 1
In 2018, France and Burkina Faso make a deal. French soldiers help fight against militants in Burkina Faso.
Currently, the situation in Burkina Faso is dangerous. Militants control large parts of the country. Many conflicts happen. Millions of people leave their homes.
Burkina Faso doesn’t want help from France anymore. Officials there say that the country must solve its own problems. French soldiers must leave soon. Still, Burkina Faso wants guns from France.
Last year, French soldiers leave Mali. Mali and Burkina Faso are French colonies. France is losing control of its colonies. Russian soldiers help in Mali now. People do not know if Russian soldiers will help in Burkina Faso, too.
Difficult words: militant (a person who fights against a government), conflict (a fight), colony (a country or place which another country controls).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Who fought against militants in Burkina Faso in 2018?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos