Friends are back – level 1
“Friends“ is a TV show. It starts in 1994. It is very popular.
The sitcom shows the lives of six people. They live in New York. They are all friends. Their names are Ross, Phoebe, Chandler, Monica, Rachel and Joey.
The show ends in 2004. However, after 12 years, the friends are back! They will be on NBC next month.
Difficult words: sitcom (a situation comedy – a TV series which shows the same people in funny situations), will (“in the future”).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like the show?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.