From India to Britain on Solar Power – level 1
A man has a dream. He wants to travel from India to Britain by road. However, he does not like the pollution in India. He wants to travel in a clean vehicle.
He takes an old tuk-tuk. He wants to change it. He wants to make it a solar-powered tuk-tuk. This is not easy. He does not know how to do it. He has many problems.
In the end, he finishes the tuk-tuk. The man travels 9,978 kilometres from India to Britain.
Difficult words: pollution (if there’s pollution somewhere, the place is dangerously dirty), clean (something clean does not pollute – make the area around dangerously dirty), vehicle (a thing like the car), tuk-tuk (a small car).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.