From India to Britain on Solar Power – level 2
It was an Indian man’s childhood dream to travel to Britain by road, but he wasn’t happy with the pollution in India. He decided to turn an old tuk-tuk into a solar-powered one.
He said that it was not easy because he did not know how to do it, and he did not have good tools.
Team members and he did this by trial and error. They failed a lot of times, but the team members believed in the idea. They even failed last year when they drove 1 kilometre and the tuk-tuk broke down. Now, 9,978 kilometres from India to Britain is not a problem.
The man arrived in Britain five days late because someone stole his passport. He hopes that his trip will make people think about the future of transport.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.