Fun skiing event in Siberia – level 1
People organise an event in Sibera. The event happens every year. It is for winter sporting. It is an event for fun.
People put on costumes. They ski down a hill. Then they jump into a pool of water. They must slide across the pool.
This year, 111 people try. Only seven people slide to the finish. Others stop in the water.
One boy has a different costume every year. This year, he skies as Spider Man. Next year, he will wear something different.
Difficult words: costume (clothes which make you look like a different person), slide (move on water), will (this means “in the future”).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to try this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.