Future cars – level 2
The BMW Group marked its centenary by looking ahead to its next 100 years. It unveiled two electric vision cars, a Rolls-Royce and a MINI, at an event in London.
The Rolls-Royce will be able to drive itself and communicate with passengers. It will be emission free and available in 2040. MINI’s future car will also be self-driving.
Carmakers are hoping for shorter charging times, more charging points, and greater ranges will make people buy the new clean cars.
Difficult words: centenary (the hundredth anniversary – birthday), unveil (to show people something for the first time), charge (make battery full of energy), range (the kilometres that you can travel with the batteries).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos