Future of jobs – level 3
A survey conducted by the World Economic Forum reveals that approximately 25% of jobs will undergo significant changes in the next five years.
The report indicates that by 2027, 69 million jobs will be created while 83 million jobs will be eliminated, resulting in a net employment decrease of 2%. The survey incorporates input from over 800 companies that employ more than 11 million workers and utilizes a dataset of 673 million jobs. The report highlights technology and digitalization as the catalysts for both job creation and destruction.
Secretarial and clerical roles such as bank tellers and cashiers are expected to decline rapidly due to automation, while there will be a growing demand for experts in AI, machine learning, and cybersecurity.
Difficult words: dataset (a collection of data), catalyst (an event or person that causes great change), cybersecurity (the protection of internet systems and information from digital attacks).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What implications do the World Economic Forum's survey results have for the future of work?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos