Galaxies Meet – level 3
The Hubble Space Telescope took an incredible image in 2009 of a galaxy being ripped apart. The galaxy was moving through a cluster of galaxies known as the Norma Cluster.
The region where this occurred is around 200 million light years away from Earth. It takes scientists years to study the complex images taken by the Hubble Space Telescope, which has been taking pictures of space since it launched in 1990.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Do you like astronomy?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.