Gaming Bar Shooting – level 1
In Florida, people are at a gaming bar. It is a bar where people play video games. Other people can watch them, talk, drink and eat. The gamers are playing a football video game.
A gunman comes into the bar. He opens fire. He kills two people. He injures nine people. Then he shoots himself.
Two injured people can drive. They drive themselves to hospital.
The FBI is helping the police. They want to know more about the shooting and the gunman.
Difficult words: gunman (a person who shoots a gun to hurt or kill people), open fire (start to shoot), shooting (when somebody shoots people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos