Gang destroys machines – level 1
This happens in England. A gang attacks ticket machines. The people in the gang use tools to open the machines. Then they take the money that is inside.
Security cameras film the men. The video is good. Police know one man’s face.
The gang destroys six machines. These machines cost a lot of money. The six machines are worth £100,000.
Difficult words: tool (thing which you hold in your hand and use it to do a job), destroy (break), worth (cost).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have gangs in your city?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos