Gasoline problems – level 2
There was a cyberattack on a gasoline company in the US. It was the worst attack in history.
The hacking group said that it also hacked four other companies in other countries. Some people think that the company which was hacked paid $5 million to the hackers, but the company did not say if it paid any money.
When the hack started, the company had to close the pipeline. People were scared and bought so much gasoline that soon gas stations didn’t have any gasoline, and then the price of gasoline climbed very high.
The situation became better after some time when ships and trucks came to fill the empty gas stations.
Difficult words: cyberattack (an attack on a person or a business through the Internet), gasoline (petrol), hack (to illegally find information through the Internet), pipeline (many long pipes which bring gasoline from one place to another place), gas station (a petrol station).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos