Gasoline problems – level 3
A recent cyberattack on Colonial Pipeline for the east of the US was the most disruptive attack ever, and it triggered people to panic buy gasoline.
The hacking group Darkside said it also hacked four other companies such as a Toshiba company in Germany. Reportedly, Colonial Pipeline paid $5 million to the hackers, but the company did not confirm if it paid any money.
Colonial Pipeline runs the largest pipeline of gasoline in the US, and when the hack began, the event shut down the pipeline. People panicked and bought so much gasoline that gas stations ran out of gas, and the price of gasoline climbed over $3.00, which was the most expensive since 2014. US gasoline use then fell; a gasoline website said it was likely due to the less panic buying over time.
The situation improved recently after ships and trucks came to fill the empty gasoline tanks.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.