Geese on a highway – level 3
How do geese cross the road? With police assistance, of course! Yes, that’s right, this family of Canadian geese were causing travel chaos on Monday after walking down a busy motorway near Chicago.
Police were forced to close down part of the highway and escort the two adult geese along with their five goslings along a single lane to make sure they didn’t stray into traffic, as hundreds of cars and tractor-trailers drove past them.
After some careful manoeuvring, the geese were safely guided into a nearby neighbourhood.
Difficult words: escort (to take somebody somewhere), gosling (young goose), stray (walk), manoeuvre (to move skilfully).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos