Gene Wilder – level 1
“Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” is a film. It is from the year 1971. Gene Wilder is an actor. He is in this film. He is Willy Wonka.
Other people are in the film. One actress talks about Gene Wilder. She says that he is very kind and patient.
Wilder is in other films, too. He is very funny. People nominated him for an Oscar.
Gene Wilder becomes ill. He has Alzheimer’s. Only his family knows this. He does not tell other people about it. He does not want to make people sad.
Gene Wilder dies. He is 83.
Difficult words: kind (friendly), patient (calm, tolerant, nice), nominate (if you nominate a person for an award, you want this person to have it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos