George H. W. Bush Dies – level 2
People called George H. W. Bush the ‘odd job’ man in politics because he took short notice and difficult tasks.
Before politics, Bush was a WWII pilot and then he became a millionaire running an oil company. When he entered politics, he worked in different positions to keep the people working there united and to restore morale.
In 1980, Bush was vice president with Ronald Regan, and in 1989, the American people elected him as the 41st president. Later on, Bush’s son become the 43rd president. Until his death this year, Bush was the oldest living US president.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.