George Soros hands control to his son – level 2
Billionaire investor George Soros is handing control of his empire to his son, Alexander.
People know Soros for his philanthropy and support for liberal causes. Soros explained that he previously didn’t want his children to take over his Open Society Foundations (OSF). But he now decided to give his 37-year-old son the responsibility because he earned it. Alexander Soros is more involved in politics. He plans to continue supporting left-leaning US political candidates and focus more on voting and abortion rights and gender equity.
Alexander now leads the OSF board and directs political activities as president of Soros’s political action committee.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What responsibilities does Alexander have as president of Soros's political action committee?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.