Giant Killer Salamander – level 2
Scientists found bones of a prehistoric animal in southern Portugal. The animal lived in lakes and rivers 200 million years ago – during the Late Triassic period.
This animal is the giant killer salamander, officially known as Metoposaurus algarvensis. It was as long as a small car.
The salamander was a dangerous predator which fed mainly on fish. It had a large flat head with hundreds of sharp teeth. The amphibian is a distant relative of today’s salamanders.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this animal?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.