Giant panda has twins – level 3
A giant panda is seen here giving birth to one of her twin cubs in Toronto Zoo – the first baby pandas born in Canada since 2013. The panda, called Er Shun, delivered the cubs 13 minutes apart and they will now be cared for in a maternity area of the giant panda house for several months.
Er Shun and her zoo partner Da Mao are on loan from China for 10 years as part of a long-term breeding program.
Difficult words: cub (a young panda), several (a few), breeding (when animals produce babies).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos