Gina Lollobrigida dies – level 1
Gina Lollobrigida is an Italian actress. She dies in Rome on Monday. She is 95 years old. Lollobrigida is born in Subiaco in 1927. As a young woman, she is a model. She gets third place in Miss Italy in 1947.
She becomes famous in the 1950s. She plays in many Europeans and American films. One of her biggest roles is in the film ‘Beat the Devil’. She plays with actor Humphrey Bogart in the film.
Lollobrigida stops making films in 1997. She becomes a photographer and sculptor. She also works for fashion and makeup companies. She is a UNICEF ambassador.
She is married to a Yugoslavian doctor for 22 years. They have one son together.
Difficult words: role (an actor’s part in a play or film), sculptor (an artist who makes objects from wood, clay, or stone), ambassador (a person who works for a country or organization in another country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos