Gina Lollobrigida dies – level 3
On Monday, Italian actress Gina Lollobrigida died at the age of 95.
Lollobrigida was born in Subiaco, Italy, and as a teenager, she entered beauty contests. In 1947, she placed third in the Miss Italia pageant. During the 1950s, she achieved international film stardom, and she was dubbed the most beautiful woman in the world.
Lollobrigida starred in a large number of European and American films, including a Bafta-winning ‘Bread, Love and Dreams’. In 1953, her performance in ‘Beat the Devil’ brought her international fame; she played opposite Humphrey Bogart. At the height of her fame, she was known simply as ‘La Lollo’; she was an internationally recognized epitome of Italian post-war cinema, rivaled only by Sophia Loren.
When Lollobrigida stopped making films, she developed new careers as a photographer, sculptor, and a UNICEF goodwill ambassador. In 2018, she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.