Giraffe hits a bridge – level 2
A driver moved two giraffes in South Africa. He drove underneath a bridge on a motorway. One of the giraffes hit the bridge with its head. It suffered serious injuries to its head.
The vehicle then stopped working, but people repaired it a few hours later. The driver took both animals to a vet, but one died on arrival. The other giraffe was not injured.
People investigate the incident. However, we already know that the transport was inadequate and incorrect.
Difficult words: suffer (have), injury (hurt), arrival (when something comes somewhere), inadequate (not good).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What makes you sadder? A hurt animal or a hurt person?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.