Girl Becomes Goddess – level 2
Hindu priets chose a three-year-old girl as Nepal’s goddess ‘Kumari’. She will now live in a temple to bring good fortune to the country. Many people came together to see her.
Hindu priests always choose a goddess. A girl becomes a goddess for nine years. The current goddess’s name is Trishna.
The girl’s father said that he was very proud, but also a bit emotional. This was a difficult time for him and his family.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.