Girl can’t love – level 1
This news is about a girl. She is three years old. She is from Britain. She has a rare illness. She cannot love or be loved. If you show her love, she gets aggressive. She can even attack you.
For example, her mother cannot kiss her. However, they show love in a special way. The mother is happy for every day with her daughter.
Around 130 people in the UK have this illness. Only 1,500 people in the world have it.
Difficult words: rare (special), illness (something which is wrong with your body), aggressive (wanting to attack).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What would you do to help this child?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos