Girl is found – level 1
A tsunami hit Indonesia in 2004. A little girl was lost. Everybody thought that she died. However, her family still believed that she was alive.
The girl did not die. A woman found her. The woman raised the girl. The girl is with her family now. Her brother is still missing.
Difficult words: tsunami (big wave), raise (help to grow up), be missing (if somebody is missing, we don’t know where they are).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Any thoughts on the news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.