Girl is found – level 2
A tsunami swept away a four-year-old girl in 2004. Her family never stopped hoping that she survived, but everybody else thought that she died. Well, she did not. She is back with her family now. Local media says that people found her nearly 80 miles from home. An old woman found her raised her.
The girl’s brother also disappeared when the tsunami struck, but he is still missing. The family has no plans to take a DNA test to see if the girl is really theirs.
Difficult words: sweep (move), disappear (go missing), strike (hit).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Any thoughts on the news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.