Girl Is Healthy Again – level 1
Joey Martin is fifteen years old. She loves soccer. Eight months ago, Joey starts to have headaches. Headaches are when your head hurts a lot.
She goes to the doctor. The doctor says that it is nothing serious. However, Joey does not feel good.
Doctors take pictures of Joey´s head. Doctors find a tumor on her brain. Joey is afraid of the therapy. The therapy is usually long and difficult. However, medicine is changing fast.
Doctors find a new therapy. They find a protein. The protein stops the blood that goes to the tumor. The tumor does not get enough blood. It gets smaller. Also, Joey does not feel so bad during the therapy.
Joey´s parents are happy. Joey is healthy again. She plays her first soccer game after the therapy. She feels great in the field.
Difficult words: tumor (a part of the body that starts to grow without control), therapy (the way how doctors fight a disease), protein (a very small part of the human body that is in things like the muscles or hair).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think that rugby should have tackling?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.