Girl is saved – level 1
This news is about a girl. She is with her parents. They are in the jungle. They are collecting coconuts. The girl gets lost.
She is lost for three weeks. People look for her, but they cannot find her. They think that she is dead.
Somebody calls the police. We don’t know who it is. The person gives some information about the girl.
People find her. She is in a hut. She goes to hospital.
Difficult words: collect (to get), coconut (the large brown seed of a tropical tree), hut (a small, simple house).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about what happened to the girl?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.