Glaciers in Argentina – level 3
Argentina’s Glaciers National Park is home to more than 200 glaciers and according to the park’s website, is the largest continental ice extension in the world after Antarctica.
In March 2016, as many as 4,500 people witnessed the collapse of an ice tunnel on the 29-kilometre river of ice known as the White Giant. The river is the country’s biggest tourist attraction and large numbers of locals and visitors come to catch a glimpse of the spectacle when the glacier sheds ice roughly every four years.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Do you have glaciers where you live?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.