Glasgow robbery – level 1
This happens in Glasgow, Scotland. A group of men rob a jewellery shop. They rob it at noon. Some shoppers see the robbery happen. They are scared because the thieves are dangerous.
There is one security guard. He tries to stop the gang, but they run away. They wear black and grey clothing. Police try to catch them.
Difficult words: rob (to steal something from somewhere), robbery (act of robbing), thief (person who steals).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever witnessed a crime?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.