Global Population in 2100 – level 1
The UN writes a report about the number of people in the world. The UN believes that the population will grow.
There are 7.7 billion people in the world right now. There will be 10.9 billion people the world in 2100. The Pew Research Centre looks at this report. It writes its own report.
Both reports say that countries in Africa and Asia will grow the most. However, Pew says that the population growth will stop. This is because women will have fewer babies.
The UN says that the global population can do three things: it can grow, it can get smaller, or it can stop changing.
Difficult words: will (in the future), fewer (not as may), global population (all the people in the world).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos