Goat and Rooster Are Friends – level 3
Four years ago, dogs attacked a goat named Billy and he almost died. While he recovered on a farm, a rooster named Samoa befriended him. The farm owner believes that Samoa visited the elderly goat because the other roosters had been fighting with him.
Billy’s rehabilitation took weeks and Samoa stayed with him the entire time. A farm worker explained that the rooster protected the goat from everything, even from people trying to help him. She believes that Samoa helped Billy heal because Billy had ‘friendship the whole time’.
She added that now Samoa goes everywhere that Billy goes, including sleeping with him and riding on him. These funny farm-yard friends are now inseparable.
Difficult words: rehabilitation (the process of getting better after being sick or getting hurt), inseparable (always together).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.