Goat and tiger become friends – level 2
People put a goat into the enclosure of a Siberian tiger at a Russian zoo. They intended the goat to be the tiger’s lunch, but it became the tiger’s friend instead!
Because of its bravery, the zookeepers named the goat Timur which means “iron”. Timur follows the tiger around and even sleeps in its house.
The zookeepers said that the tiger is quite lazy – so lazy that it didn’t hunt the goat. Let’s just hope that the tiger doesn’t get hungry!
Difficult words: enclosure (an area surrounded by a wall), intended (planned), bravery (being brave – not afraid).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this “friendship”?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos