Goat and tiger become friends – level 3
A goat intended to be lunch for a tiger at a Russian safari park not only survived but amazingly became the big cat’s friend. They are now inseparable; wherever Amur goes, so does Timur.
Staff at the Russian safari park was stunned when the unlikely bond formed between Amur the tiger and the goat which they named Timur, meaning ‘iron’ because of his bravery. The Siberian tiger even had to sleep outside of his hut once, as the cheeky goat stole his new friend’s bed.
Keepers said that the tiger was quite lazy by nature, so he has not gone to the trouble of hunting the goat. For the goat’s sake, let’s hope that Amur does not get hungry!
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this “friendship”?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.