Goats Fly with Helicopter – level 3
People relocated around 375 mountain goats from one national park to another by using a helicopter. This happened in Washington which is a US state on the West Coast bordering with Canada.
The Olympic National Park and the North Cascades National Park are around 200 miles apart by road in the same state.
The goats are native to the Cascades, and people intended the move to protect natural resources in the Olympic National Park and to improve visitor safety. The goats ate and trampled sensitive vegetation, and disturbed soil when they wallowed. In 2010, an aggressive goat fatally charged at a hiker on a popular trail.
Difficult words: intend (plan to do something), trample (step on, walk over and crush), vegetation (plants), disturb (make a mess of), wallow (lie or roll on the ground), fatally (with death as a result), trail (a path, a way).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos