Gold in a Tank – level 1
A man buys a tank on the internet. He pays £30,000. He and his mechanic repair the tank. They think that there are guns inside it. They open it. They find gold. They find £2 million in gold inside.
The man calls the police. The police take the gold away for study.
People think that Iraqi soldiers steal the gold when they attack Kuwait in 1990.
Difficult words: repair (when you fix something because it does not work), steal (take without asking).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.