Gold in cow pee – level 2
In India, scientists say that they found traces of gold in cow urine. They made the discovery after 7 years of research on 500 samples of cow urine.
Every sample had gold in it. They took the samples from young cows, pregnant cows and cows who stopped producing milk. The amount of gold is between 10 to 30 milligrams of gold for a litre of urine.
The team says that cow urine can be used for medicine, too.
Difficult words: trace (a very small quantity of something), urine (pee, wee), sample (a small amount of something for testing).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.