Google’s First Phone – level 2
Google made its first phone and introduced it last week. The phone is called Pixel. It comes in two sizes and three colours.
Unlike the new iPhone 7, the Pixel has a normal 3.5 mm headphone jack. Google says that it has the best camera in a phone. It captures much more light than cameras of other phones.
After Google introduced the Pixel, people could pre-order it. It costs £599 in the UK and $649 in the USA.
Difficult words: introduce (show people something for the first time), capture (catch, “see”), pre-order (say that you want to buy something before it is in shops).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos