Google Speakers – level 2
Recently, Google made a software update, which left a lot of people surprised.
People, who used the Google Home device, started to get notifications from Google´s smart speaker when the speaker detected some noise in the background. Usually, it was noise like a smoke alarm or glass breaking.
Google admitted the mistake, and changed the functions of its speakers. The functions are the things that the speakers can do. This means that the speakers cannot detect noise in homes anymore. However, some people worry about their privacy and they are not happy with the way that Google uses some data. Google gets data on its users and uses it to sell specific adds.
Also, Google has a financial share in a security company. This company will use Google´s internet cameras as a part of a security system for its customers.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.