Google’s newest campus – level 1
Google builds a new campus. It is in Silicon Valley, California. The campus has three buildings. Two buildings are for offices. One building is for special events.
The campus has 93,000 square meters. Around 40,000 employees will work there. Google wants to make a place which its employees will love.
The campus looks very different from other offices. Employees will work there a few days of the week.
90,000 solar panels make energy for the offices. The panels look like dragon’s skin. Daylight is in the offices. Employees get fresh air, too.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.