Goosebumps – level 2
Goosebumps are small bumps on our skin that appear when our hair stands up. We usually get goosebumps when we are scared, excited, or angry.
Goosebumps are very useful for animals because they make them look bigger. Then the animals are safe from predators, which helps them survive. Also, the raised hair or fur keeps animals warm when it is cold.
Experts say that people don’t need goosebumps to survive. Goosebumps happen when we are cold, watch a scary movie, or listen to our favorite song. An intense emotion, such as fear or anger, makes our body make more adrenaline. Adrenaline is a hormone which makes the heart beat faster, and it causes goosebumps.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.