Gorilla is born by caesarean section – level 1
This news is from a zoo. The zoo is in England. A gorilla is pregnant. She has problems. People must take out the baby. They carry out the caesarean section.
The baby is fine. She is a girl. She is one kilogram heavy. She hasn’t got a name yet, but she already likes her mother. She is quite emotional.
No animal doctor does the caesarean section. A doctor for humans does it. He says that gorillas are like humans.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What similarities does the doctor see between humans and gorillas in relation to the caesarean section?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.