Gorillas Get Coronavirus – level 1
Gorillas at a zoo in San Diego, California, US, are sick. They have the coronavirus. It is very unusual. It never happens in the US before. It seems that it is the first case in the world.
It is not clear how the gorillas become sick. A man works at the zoo. He has the coronavirus. He does not have any symptoms. It means that he does not know that he is sick.
He works with the gorillas. He wears a mask. It is possible that the gorillas get the coronavirus from him.
The animals feel well. They get vitamins, food, and drink. They do not get any drugs to treat the coronavirus.
Some experts worry about the situation. The coronavirus can be dangerous for gorillas. They live in big groups. The virus can spread quickly among them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.