Gossip is Good – level 1
Some people think that gossip is bad. But scientists say that it is good. We gossip to get important information. The gossip tells us who to trust. This helps us because we live in very big groups.
Gossip also helps us to live longer. When we gossip, we bond with our family. We bond with our friends. If we bond, we can know more people. If we know a lot of people, we can live longer.
People think gossip is bad now. But this idea is new. It used to be a good thing. It still is good!
Difficult words: gossip (to talk about someone who is not with you), trust (when you think something is safe), bond (to feel good around people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like to gossip?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos