Granny tries skydiving – level 3
Could she be the coolest granny of all time? Well, she’s pretty high up there, as this 81 year-old became an Internet hit after she went skydiving in Australia.
Yes, that right. Min Deyu from China went to visit her son and relatives in Australia last month where she discovered skydiving lessons on offer for tourists and decided to give it a go.
“I saw people skydiving. I watched them descending slowly and they looked so small in the sky. I told my son that I wanted to do skydiving. My son asked me, ‘Do you dare to jump?’. I said I did, and he said he would take me next week.”
After a week of training and passing all the health checks, Min performed the dive and described the experience as amazing and wonderful.
The fun-loving grandma had never travelled by plane before visiting her family and has now said that ageing won’t stop her from pursuing her dreams.
Difficult words: high (to be up in elevation/ to be popular), give something a go (to try something), descend (to fall down), dare (to have the courage to do something), to pursue one’s dream (to try to make your dreams come true).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.