Gravitational waves – level 1
This news is about gravitational waves. Gravitational waves are like water waves. Put your finger in water and move it. You create water waves.
Things that move in space create gravitational waves. People know about gravitational waves for a long time. Einstein told us about them. One hundred years later, people notice the waves.
This is a historic moment. This can change science.
Difficult words: create (to make), told (past of “tell”), notice (to know something is there).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you excited about gravitational waves?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.