Great City Drawings – level 3
Artist Stephen Wiltshire is famous for his ability to create entire cityscapes from memory. He has drawn many cities such as Paris and London, to name just a few, and now he is undertaking one of his biggest challenges yet – Mexico City.
He has a perfect photographic memory and he was able to start sketching the city based merely on a 30-minute helicopter flight the day before. That is simply something as much unbelievable as how amazing his drawings are.
Stephen was diagnosed with autism at just three years old and he says that drawing is one of few things that calm him down. Furthermore, thanks to his great drawings, people awarded him an MBE 10 years ago for services to art.
Difficult words: cityscape (the visual appearance of a city), merely (only), MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos