Great skatepark in Bolivia – level 1
A group builds a skatepark in Bolivia. 100 people build it. These people are not paid. They do it for fun. They are volunteers. It takes them only 30 days to build the skatepark.
The volunteers come from 17 different countries. They work together on the park’s design. They share ideas. The park’s design is a mix of these ideas. For example, the Japanese build a ramp. The ramp looks like Mount Fuji.
This skatepark is in the mountains. When you skate, you can see the Andes. It is very beautiful.
Difficult words: volunteer (person who works but does not get any money for it), share (tell to each other), ramp (skatepark’s small “hill”).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you skateboard?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos