Greek police find famous paintings – level 1
A robber gets into a gallery in Greece nine years ago. He steals three famous paintings. Police believe that the paintings stay in Greece. One of the paintings is Head of a Woman. It is a painting by the Spanish painter Pablo Picasso.
Picasso writes a message for the Greek people. It is on the back side of the painting. Officials believe that nobody will buy the painting.
Police find the three paintings in a forest. Police think that a builder steals the paintings. He gets into the gallery through a balcony door.
Police show the paintings to journalists last week. Picasso´s painting falls off a shelf. One police officer picks it up quickly. He does not wear gloves. Gloves help protect the paintings.
Difficult words: robber (a person who gets into a place and he takes something what does not belong to him), gallery (a place where people can see and buy paintings, statues, and other works of art), steal (to take something that belongs to somebody else and keep it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.