Greek police find famous paintings – level 3
Head of a Woman, a painting by the Spanish painter Pablo Picasso has been recovered after it was stolen nine years ago during a heist at Greece´s National Gallery.
A few months ago, it emerged that police still believed the Picasso hadn´t left Greece. According to the Culture Minister Lina Mendoni, the artwork would have been impossible to sell or go on display because it had a personal inscription from Picasso on the back that read in French ´For the Greek people, a tribute by Picasso´. Police say that the painting was found with two other paintings in bush land wrapped in plastic, and a 49-year-old builder has been arrested for the theft.
The valuable artwork had another bad event after it slipped and fell from its display. Police were showing the recovered paintings, and when the Picasso slipped, an official not wearing gloves hastily returned it to its position.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.