Grumpy Cat in New York – level 3
By the looks of things, it seems the Grumpy Cat lived up to her name on Thursday in New York.
But this time she had something to smile about, as more than a thousand people gathered to celebrate the launch of her latest book.
At a Barnes & Noble in Manhattan, the frowning feline was greeted by adoring fans, as she sat looking as cheesed off as ever. Grumpy Cat can be seen stoically posing for pictures with her cheerful followers and dishing out copies of the book with a paw-stamp autograph.
“It’s like everyone is grumpy at some point in their life. And she’s just so cute and fluffy.”
In her latest book named The Grumpy Guide To Life: Observations By Grumpy Cat, she dishes out cranky advice.
Grumpy Cat has become an internet sensation, with nearly 16 million views of her first YouTube video and 6.2 million likes on Facebook.
Difficult words: grumpy (bad-tempered), gather (come in large numbers), frown (to make an unhappy expression), feline (cat), be cheesed off (bored or frustrated), stoically (not showing emotion when bad things happen to you), dish out (distribute or provide), paw (animal’s foot), fluffy (soft), cranky (angry), sensation (something which becomes very popular quickly).
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.